- Workshops that will assist you with the application process
- A chance to find out about the style of learning
- Develop an understanding of the expectations of tutors.
This scheme is only available to students from St John's, and encourages students to achieve their potential in exams by giving a guaranteed conditional offer, at the typical entrance requirement level for the degree programme applied for.
The Guaranteed Offer Scheme applies to all degree programmes at Newcastle University, except where selection is based on grades, plus other criteria (such as assessment, portfolio and interviews).
The current scheme is open to students currently in Year 12 and considering entering university in 2013.
The scheme offers a substantial package of academic and financial support, as well as admissions guidance. Students will take part in a coherent, structured programme of events including an assessed summer school in Year 12.
Those who successfully complete this phase of the scheme will be recognised as having achieved a qualification equivalent to 40-60 UCAS tariff points that can contribute towards meeting the entry requirements for a programme of study at Durham University, along with a guaranteed offer and bursaries of up to £2000 towards university costs.
University of Birmingham, University of Bristol, University of Essex, University of Exeter, King’s College London, University of Leeds, University of Leicester, University of Liverpool, University of Manchester, Newcastle University, University of Warwick, University of York
St John's students can access this programme which will give access to 12 Realising Opportunities partner universities. The programme is worth 40 UCAS points, plus additional consideration when applying to the partner universities through UCAS.
The benefits to Passport students:
- exclusive access to online resources
- personal invitations to events
- the opportunity to try out university courses
- find out what admissions tutors are looking for and impress them with your commitment
- a stronger application to university
Leeds Metropolitan University
- 3 day vocational residential programmes
- Sport, Business and Health Studies
- Progression programmes for students qualifying with BTEC qualifications
The opportunity to take part in the annual visit to Peru.
Sixth Form Council
- The purpose of the Sixth Form council will be voice student opinions to the Sixth Form leadership team.
- The Sixth Form council will take a leading role in shaping the sixth form of the future.
- The council will organise extra curriculum activities.
- The council will coordinate charity events
- The council will develop additional activities for the whole school and the sixth form.
- the council will provide opportunities for sixth form students to work with students in the main school